Friday, July 18, 2008

We're having a...

BOY!!!

I hate to steal my wife's thunder but she hasn't jumped at the chance to post this so I figured I would. We found out Tuesday morning. I'll leave it to Amy to post pictures of the proof if she dares. We're extremely excited to have "one of each."

In other news, we've been shopping for a house. It's a little scary with all the craziness that is the housing/mortgage market these days, but Houston has always been reasonable when it comes to housing prices and we haven't seen the kinds of increases (or recent decreases) in home prices that so many other areas have seen. There are still a decent amount of foreclosures out there as well as homes up for sale so hopefully we'll find just what we're looking for. Luckily, we've been able to spend the last year here with Amy's family which has allowed us to save up a little for a down payment (as well as pay cash for the baby--though it's surprisingly more affordable than you'd think).

Anyway, we're truly blessed and totally excited these days and we're so glad to share the news with you.

See you around...

13 comments:

The Roberts Rollercoaster RIde said...

Sweeeet!!! That's perfect!!! Hopefully we'll have a boy too!!

And house hunting!! We are really excited to hear about that...make sure to take pic's, too!!

Aurelia said...

how exciting for y'all!
best wishes on the house hunt

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you. Chad and Amy

Bertie said...

YEAH!! A BOY A BOY A BOY A BOY!!! I think you should tell them the name you picked out- the one Amy loathes!! LOL!!

Carolina said...

A boy! The planets have lined up perfectly for you--one of each. My family is under a y chromosome spell; my sisters and I are apparently only capable of having boys.

Carolina said...

Which I guess means the spell has been cast on all our husbands. Hmmm.

Monica said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Amy-

We are so excited for you two! Just wanted to let you know we are going to have a baby in March 2009 (if all goes well). We love having those cousins somewhat close together!

PS The videos of Minnie are too cute.

The Bailey's

Lisa PG-13 said...

Horray! Congratulations Amers and Bretford. I'm so happy for you both.

Lisa PG-13 said...

Horray! Congratulations Amers and Bretford. I'm so happy for you both.

Rachel said...

Brett and Amy! Congratulations! I just came across your blog link in one of Brett's old emails, and I'm thrilled to get back in touch. Hope all is well with your little Clementine as well. The other day I was thinking about Brett's Halloween costume when he went as himself in 20 years... I laughed for ages. One other thing-- do y'all hear anything from Lisa? All my contact info on her is outdated. My love to the whole fam!
Rachel Sego

Rachel said...

Oops. I just saw her comment on this blog. Tell that Pani Lisa to contact me, will ya?
PS. Sorry to use you guys to get in touch with all my old friends!

Kendall said...

awesome--I hope that we have a girl next, then we'll both have one of each. When are you guys coming to Utah for a visit?