Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Arrested Development R.I.P.

Well folks, I've never been closer to wanting to end it all than right now. Another great series (this time, one that I actually watched) has been axed by the Fox network. I don't understand why they can't throw it into another time slot and just give it another chance. They know it's great. I know it's great. What's the problem. Seriously. People, watch it!!! I know they gotta make money and all that, but I honestly believe the audience out there for this show is a lot bigger than they think.
I know lots of people at school who watch it all the time. I mean, every now and then when the network actually decides to show a new episode. Hint, no one will watch it if you only show 5 new episodes in three months. Come on. People only tune in when something is there. A show needs to gain momentum. But I honestly think the viewers are there. They just aren't being watched by the Nielson people.
True, Fox did let it go three seasons, and with such low ratings there is something to be said for stickin with it as long as they did. But a chance in a better time slot wouldn't have hurt. I mean, Monday nights are tough.
Anyway, there is hope in that Showtime is thinking about picking it up. Heck, I don't see why UPN or the WB doesn't jump on that. A critically acclaimed show that gets as many viewers as they are used to getting. Sounds good. Buffy made the jump and went on for two years. I think Arrested Development could do the same.
NETWORK EXECUTIVES, IF YOU SHOW IT, I WILL WATCH. PLEASE GIVE THIS SHOW THE RESPECT IT DESERVES AND PICK IT UP FOR 5 MORE YEARS. YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!!

No comments: