Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sharing...


















Minnie requested that we have family home evening tonight. Afterwards, Minnie says that it's time for our treat, and Amy says that she can finish the chocolate bunny that the Easter Bunny brought her.
Minnie seems content, but I wanted a couple of the little Reese's Peanut Butter Cups that the Easter Bunny stashed in the pantry. I brought two of them to the table, and Minnie promptly grabbed one. The following conversation took place:

Daddy: Minnie, those are Daddy's treats.
Minnie: I'll have this one, you can have that one...that's sharing. Heavenly Father wants us to share.

Touche', Minnie. Touche'.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha, ha! To be taught by a child. My nephew, when asked by his nursery leader what sharing means said, "It means you don't get any." I guess that might be true since he has ten siblings to "share" with.

F Montierth said...

Ah, yes and I'm sure there will be many more such moments. I think no one plays me better with my own words than my son!

Kristen said...

Out of the mouths of babes! How can you deny that?

The Nichols Family said...

Hi, Amy. That's a cute story. It sounds like you are teaching your kids so well. Thank you for your comment on my blog. It's good to hear from you. I hope you are doing well.